cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 143

Re: Smart Hub 2 Wi Fi devices are dropping connection and reconnecting

@Kielty23 

The Call Diversion service is free for Digital Voice customers.

All about Call Diversion for Digital Voice | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 102 of 143

Mine kept dropping,try main things to no avail,turn the lights to low on hub and disc and been perfect last 2 days .

0 Ratings
Message 103 of 143

3 months on and I still have no solution for this issues with firmware updates screwing up wifi reliability.   I get 10 seconds of no internet via wifi so regularly now that I can predict which channel my Macbook is on. If I am on the TP Link Powerline 2.4GHz wifi (connected via ethernet to the Smart Hub2) I don't get the wifi loss of connection to the web.   If I am on the normal SH2 5GHz or 2.4GHz wifi, or the BT Disc then I get routine disconnects.

I have loads of event logs which I have forwarded to James at BT Client Engineering Hub In-Life Manager... but they have no answer.

I am tempted to ditch the SH2 and buy a mesh system and try a workaround for getting DV to work.

BT Smart Hub 2 + BT Disc on full fibre 150Meg Halo FTTP
Macs and iphones, plus alexa, YouView box, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV+
CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 104 of 143

It is the firmware.  You MUST be able to run both WiFi networks on different channels.  There is no other fix.  This requires BT supplied firmware.

You can either buy a 3rd party router that supports g.fast. v expensive.

Or disable 5ghz -not an option.

Or use SH1, which has firmware that allows both WiFi networks on different channels.

Such a disappointing service and product from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 143

That is a good point about SH1.  What are the practical downsides to SH1 compared to SH2?

CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 106 of 143

Sorry but this is a long thread. Have you

a. Switched the 5g Wi-Fi off

b. Changed the Wi-Fi mode

if you still have problems then I used a mesh network running off the SH2 so as to keep DV. The mesh was in Router mode so I was double natting but never caused me any problems that I noticed. 

I know run my mesh system directly off the ONT and have diverted DV calls to my mobile. 

no problems at all. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 107 of 143

I don't think this response helps at all Steve, and just adds clutter to an already busy thread.
The root cause is highlighted several times in the thread.
0 Ratings
Message 108 of 143

@stevebrass   Thanks Steve,

Yes tried months ago the 5GHz and mode tests. No joy. This is 100% firmware issue.

I am asking for a SH1 - although the lack of support of DV in SH1 may be trouble.   I have a neighbours DVA3.0 DV adaptor. Not sure if that makes SH1 DV enabled.

Also I am told SH1 does not work with BT Discs - so that sets me back again.   

CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 109 of 143

You need the SH2 for DV. Is call divert not an option?
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 110 of 143

As I have recommended before, until BT issue a fix, I would recommend keeping the SH2, turning off wireless and using a wireless point like Ubiquity or reuse an old router by turning off DHCP and I would suggest setting a static IP.