cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Smart Hub 2 & USB Connection via Linux

Go to solution

Can anyone help?

I have a USB connected hard drive on my Smart Hub 2 which I have mapped and accessed successfully with Windows 7&11.

However, I'm having no success mapping the same USB hard drive using Linux. In part, this is due to not knowing or having the Smart Hub root password or user name - using the provided Admin password for the Hub Manager alone does not to work. My previous 3rd party router worked successfully with all OS's.

I am using cif-utils software to make the connection but the response is always refused for the lack of user name/passwd. Any advice to overcome this hurdle would be most welcome - thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Smart Hub 2 & USB Connection via Linux

Go to solution

You don't need a username and password to access the USB port on the Smart Hub.

The port is only enabled for SMB1

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Just connected fine from my Raspberry Pi using anonymous login via smb://192.168.1.254/usb1

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for your confirmation that an anonymous connection can be made, as is the case thru' Windows, but that continues to defeat me even trying your solution from my Pi. Perhaps you would explain how I should complete the type (I've assumed FTP to date), host & path boxes on the "Connect to Server" utility to achieve success?

Clearly I am missing a trick as I keep getting asked for a password. Do I first have to mount the target in fstab, perhaps?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Just navigated to it via file manager

piusb.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Must be finger trouble here - solved. Many thanks.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
This has been going on for years. SMB1 is disabled by default by Windows because it is a security risk. The BT Home Hub is an up to date piece of equipment and should not rely on this outdated protocol. I have seen emails going back for 4-5 years about this. Can it please be sorted by a firmware update allowing the Hub to use SMB3?