cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Smart hub 2 with Netgear Router

Go to solution

Hi. I've recently joined BT Broadband with a Fibre 2 package. I have a master socket and a Smart Hub 2. I'm struggling to get a signal in some rooms in my house and want to use my Netgear Router (Nighthawk X6 R8000 tri-band; it is router only, no modem). how do I use the Smart Hub 2/Master Socket to link to this router?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Smart hub 2 with Netgear Router

Go to solution
I do something similar. I connect the WAN connection on my net gear (wired connection 4 on mine) to any wired connection on the Smart Hub. The Smart Hub connects to broadband/DSL socket.
Hope it helps.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Smart hub 2 with Netgear Router

Go to solution

In one of 2 ways. Either use the Netgear as a wireless access point by connecting to the Hub LAN port to LAN port or as a second router by connecting Hub LAN port to Netgear WAN port.

Simplest is LAN to LAN. Give the Netgear an address of 192.168.1.10 Gateway 192.168.1.254 and turn off DHCP.

If you connect LAN  to WAN you will be double natting, but that shouldn't cause any problems unless you are a gamer.

You can either turn off the Wifi on the hub and solely use the Netgear or you can leave it on but make sure it is on different channels to the Netgear to avoid interference.