cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

SmartHub2 wi-fi

It seems, ever since BT updated the firmware for the Smart Hub2 on 30th Aug 2023, I have since been having problems with wifi connection to several android phones. I have cured the problem by installing a wifi access point, giving the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi different names and switching off the wifi on the Smarthub2.

If BT had not taken away the users ability to separate the wifi names on the smarthub2, I would not have had this problem. Any comments?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: SmartHub2 wi-fi

@calhobs 

As far as I'm aware the SmartHub 2 has never had the functionality of splitting the SSIDs for the 2.4 & 5Ghz bands.

Message 3 of 5

It hasn't and doesn't cause any problems for most folks with Android devices. I've certainly had no problems.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I realise the smarthub2 has never been able to seperate the two wifi streams but previous hubs have had that ability. Until recently, I have had no connection problems with android phones, that is why I suggested it might be the firmware update.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I added a separate WiFi point (a repurposed router) not long after I realised the SH2 was performing poorly in terms of wireless connectivity. Your solution makes sense.

0 Ratings