cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

Smarthub 2 disconnecting

Over the past 2 weeks my Smarthub 2 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.  I contacted BT 4 days ago and they refreshed the line.  Still same problem.  I have turned the hub off and on again but still same problem.  I also have 4 black wi-fi discs around my house.  Can anyone help me as BT are not providing me with a solution!

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: Smarthub 2 disconnecting

as long as you don't have digital voice can you check for line noise on your phone by dialing 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 29

There is a slight crackle on my land line but when I make calls the crackle is worse.  I have had many BT and Openreach engineers I think I have had around 15 visits in this year alone, but they can never find a fault on the line.  It's most infuriating! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 29

sorry but you need to report a phone fault not a broadband fault to 151 or 0800800151 from mobile

if you can get line fixed and no crackle then you should get a stable connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 29

I had an engineer last week regarding crackle on line and they couldn't find a fault!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 29

I reported phone fault many times, BT engineers have been sent but they can't find a fault on the line!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 29

Hi @andreaferns120472

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with noise on your line when you're making calls.  This would also affect your broadband service.  I am disappointed to see that you've had to book so many engineer visits that haven't been able to repair the fault.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 8 of 29

BT Smarthub2

Can anyone recommend an alternative to the BT Smarthub 2 router. My Smarthub keeps disconnecting and I have read in community to try a different router 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 29

Re: BT Smarthub2

@andreaferns120472 

What broadband package do you have, and are you on BT Digital Voice?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 29

Re: BT Smarthub2

My broadband package is Fibre with Halo 3, not sure what you mean by BT Digital Voice?

0 Ratings