cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Solid Orange when ethernet cables plugged into any of the additional Ethernet ports

So to recap. Without using power line adapter s all works well. Hub is blue and you have interconnectivity. 

But when you attach a power line adapter by Ethernet cable to your hub - without having changed anything else - the hub turns orange?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Re: Solid Orange when ethernet cables plugged into any of the additional Ethernet ports

@Clairejanewrote:

Doesn’t make any difference. Just tried plugging my switch into one port in the router - light went orange. Doesn’t seem to want to let me plug anything into the router. 😔 I looked before I posted here and it says if the light is orange then the password is wrong so I am wondering if I need to change a security setting in the router that is currently set to other devices requiring a password? No idea how to do that - did look but can’t find any posts relating to that. 

What? I don't know where you got that impression.

OrangeYour Hub is working but isn't connected to the internetConnect a device to your Hub. Open a new web browser window and follow the on-screen help wizard to get connected.

What do the lights on my BT Hub mean? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Can you answer my question about whether you are using 1 or 2 ethernet cables to connect the powerline?

The reason i ask is that I have seen this issue before. The chap was using a power line adaptor which had 2 ethernet ports, so he connected both ports to the router thinking it would give a better connection, when in fact it was probably creating a loop.

When I disconnected one of the cables the light immediately went blue. When both were connected again the light went orange.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings