Re: Static IP address ?

Go to solution

@naylor2006 

I was not referring to mail servers.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

@agogo this part wasnt aimed at you, there was a post that has since been deleted, looks like it was a bot, they were recommending DDNS again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

@agogo what BT residential do or don't offer is entirely up to them as a business.

If you want static, move to business account.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Simple answer to suppliers

Give the customer what they want or they will go elsewhere

Ended up going to plusnet who supply static IPs

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

I guess you have a better insight into BT's business model than their accountants do.

How many BT residential customers do you think want a static IP address?

Only about 0.001% would even know what it was let alone need it.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

We are all free to choose so many different ISP's, we dont need to **bleep** on BT in the process if we dont like them, if you've left then good for you.

Really static IP's are not required for residential customers for nearly all use cases, and those few use cases can be remediated using dynamic DNS.....then the even smaller subset of people who want to setup their own Mail Server can go to an ISP that gives static IPs. Its not a huge deal.

Also @licquorice why have you accepted that post as the solution? 🙂 are you trolling?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Not aware that I had, unless I did it by mistake.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

lol all of my developer friends know never use BT because of the static IP issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Good for them.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

@siu4 wrote:

lol all of my developer friends know never use BT because of the static IP issue. 

Wow, I guess 'all of your developer friends' would make up a huge majority of BT's customer base if they did.

0 Ratings