cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Struggling to set up ASUS AX-11000 with new full fibre

I've come over to BT from Virgin. With the Virgin I plugged my ASUS AX-11000 into one of the ethernet ports and then into the WAN port on my ASUS. With he BT I tried a number of things and can't get **bleep** to work:

- Plugged into one of the numbered ports on the BT hub and into the WAN port on the ASUS (nothing)

- Plugged into the numbered port on the BT hub and a numbered port on the ASUS (Gives me local network access to the devices plugged into the ASUS but no internet access)

- Plugged directly from the BT wall Box into the WAN port on the ASUS (configured as dynamic IP and PPPOE with generic BT username and Password).

None of this has worked. So I've now tried to plug in everything directly into the BT hub but the devices downstairs connected to a switch via ethernet are not registering. Any advice on how I can get the internet to my ASUS which is already configured on all my devices in the house? Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Struggling to set up ASUS AX-11000 with new full fibre

@cliptags 

Are you having Digital Voice is the first question?

If not then the BT Smart Hub is not required and with full fibre you plug the Asus directly into the ONT (wall box).

Do you get any internet if you use the Smart Hub , connecting the WAN port to the ONT?

By generic username I assume you mean bthomehub@btbroadband.com

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

as your ASUS was configured for Virgin did you try a factory reset of ASUS to clear all Virgin setting and a clean start for FTTP is there a quick setup in the ASUS like TPLINK

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Just tried resetting up the internet from the router. So the stat I'm in at the moment is ASUS plugged into the wall box via the WWAN port. I've got the three lights on the wall box as expected but the router is still getting no internet. It's telling me that "Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly"

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Did you do a full factory reset of the Asus? It seems to be expecting a DHCP connection on the WAN as per Virgin rather than PPPoE that you need for BT

0 Ratings