cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Suddenly can’t access Next website on Wi-Fi only via mobile data

Totally perplexed as to why I can no longer access the Next shopping website through my Wi-Fi connection so any help would be appreciated.  I noticed yesterday that I got an Access Denied message when I visited this website only and I just thought their website was down.  My sons girlfriend then said she could get on their website with her mobile data and so could I when I tried.  Nobodies internet device in our house, mainly iPads/iPhone (which have latest updates) can log on through  Wi-Fi to the Next website so I’m presuming it’s a router issue (I have the older BT smart hub), (switched off and restarted to see if that would work) but I am not technical at all so am hoping someone has an idea what the issue is.  I have been visiting this website a lot recently to see if something comes into stock so not sure if this is why this issue has happened.  As far as I can tell  this issue is only related to this one web page strangely.  I’m getting the message ‘You don’t have permission to access www.next.co.uk on this server.  So sorry if I’ve posted in the wrong group I’m a new member.  Thanks to anyone who can understand and can offer an explanation as to what’s happened and how I can rectify the situation.  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Suddenly can’t access Next website on Wi-Fi only via mobile data

Hi @Bildanto, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Are you using the BT hub and have you web protect and Parental Controls active?

Is is possible that the website is blocked on the Parental Controls so check the Manage your Parental Controls section?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your reply John. No I don’t use the BT hub.  Just checked and no I don’t have Parental Controls set but I do have Web Protect active so not sure if that is why I still can’t visit the Next shopping website 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Simple way to find out

0 Ratings