cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

TP-Link Deco M4 Mash setup on FTTP broadband

Go to solution

Hi all, 

I've just signed up for BT FTTP broadband and just wanted to confirm how to link my TP-Link Deco M4 mesh system, to get full coverage through the house. 

With my current provider, I've just turned off the WiFi on the router, but don't believe this is possible with BT routers.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as want to make sure things are in place ready for the installation date, should I need to buy anything extra.

Cheers, Mike

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: TP-Link Deco M4 Mash setup on FTTP broadband

Go to solution

You can turn of WIFI in the SH2 without a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the prompt reply @imjolly

So once the FTTP is installed, I'd just need to switch off WiFi on the Smart Hub and then plug the mesh into the router?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Yes, that will work, but you cannot stop the hidden Wi-Fi signals.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

What are the hidden Wi-Fi signals @Keith_Beddoe (thanks for the reply by the way)

Will they significantly impact on the speeds available add/or the coverage from the mesh system? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@armybike wrote:

What are the hidden Wi-Fi signals @Keith_Beddoe (thanks for the reply by the way)

Will they significantly impact on the speeds available add/or the coverage from the mesh system? 

The hidden wireless signals are used to form a wireless mesh between the SH2, and the black BT Complete Wi-Fi discs, and currently  cannot be turned off.

They do transmit on the wireless channels selected by the SH2, so you will need to make sure your Deco M4 is on a different wireless channel. You should be able to see the channel settings on the SH2, and turn "smart" wireless off, so the channels do not change ad interfere with the Deco.

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for your help @Keith_Beddoe 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Does your Mesh system include a router? In which case IF you do not wish to use BT Digital Voice you can connect this router directly to the BT modem (ONT - Optical Network Termination).

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings