cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Upload Speed on third party router

Go to solution

Hi all

I have recently changed my router to a tp-link AX5400 after following the various instructions on the forums about connecting it directly to the ONS and putting it in PPPOe the wifi speeds are now much better. However, when I am wired my download is still 900 Mpbs but upload is only 0.55 Mpbs, have I missed something?

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Upload Speed on third party router

Go to solution

No idea, but its a problem with the Tp Link if speeds are OK on wifi but not Ethernet.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

If you can try from a different wired device - should that work just fine then it's likely to be the network settings on the first device that need looking at.  The most common cause is that at some point they've been set manually and worked just fine, but they're now not working with some settings difference with the new router.  As an example using DHCP your TP-Link router probably sets the gateway as 192.168.1.1 while on the SH2 I believe it's 192.168.1.254
Should that be the case a DHCP set client will adapt correctly but a client with the network settings set manually wouldn't!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
You are correct, I have wired on another laptop and both download and upload are fine. What do I need to do to my PCs connection to reset it?
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Settings > Network and Internet > Advanced Network settings > Select your Ethernet adapter and disable it, then enable it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Tried that, still the same. Also tried a different RJ45

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

The upload speed is fine on PC if I switch to wifi instead of wired. As soon as I go back to wired it upload is shocking. I am very confused?!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Just to clarify,

upload speed is ok on laptop1 wifi but not Ethernet if using TP Link router

upload speed is ok on laptop2 wifi and Ethernet if using TP Link router.

Is upload speed ok on laptop 1 wifi and Ethernet if using BT hub?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi licquorice

That is correct, I had no problems with upload on anything with the BT Hub

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Rather than just disabling and enabling the network adaptor try resetting it. This will uninstall and reinstall the network adaptor etc back to the default settings.

Go to settings > Network & Internet settings > scroll down and click on Network Reset > Reset Now.