cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Using Black WifI Discs/110mps, so is there any benefit to upgrading Full Fibre 500 to 900?

Go to solution

All

Have FTTP 500 and using the Black Wifi Discs so get at max 110mbs, mostly a lot less during the day/peak, on the device I use most.

Is there any benefit to upgrading to Full Fibre 900 as the discs throttle the speed when it is distributed across the mesh network of four discs. So only benefit will be devices connected to the Home Hub.

Any thoughts, appreciated.

Thanks  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Using Black WifI Discs/110mps, so is there any benefit to upgrading Full Fibre 500 to 900?

Go to solution

@User12345 

No advantage for Wi-Fi devices, depends if you want faster Ethernet connections.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Using Black WifI Discs/110mps, so is there any benefit to upgrading Full Fibre 500 to 900?

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I upgraded to 900 recently from 500 with FTTP and there has been only a 10% increase in wifi speed. Quite annoying. I get my wifi signal in my 'office' direct from the BT Smart Hub.

Test speed has increased from 480 average to 550 average with the upgrade and the wifi discs I have are switched off as they serve only to drive the shed at the bottom of the garden.

John

0 Ratings