cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

WIFI 'dropping'

Hiya,

So I am in a house share with two other people (who are a coupe) and they both use Xbox for gaming purposes, one more than the other, on a daily basis. Due to this we got the Smart Hub 2 as it was recommended for our needs. I myself do not use Xbox or game so it is used for my phone and tablet.

In the evenings on a few nights the WIFI box will glow yellow, we all get disconnected then a few minutes later sort itself out. I myself am not annoyed by this becuase it is so short, however they are as it disrupts their gaming and end up getting slightly annoyed. We are not sure what causes this. 

I have reset the box using the my BT App, checked the broadband speed and done a WIFI test in each room - all is fine. A while ago we unplugged the box from the mains and plugged it back in which worked when we had a now solved issue.  Anything else we can do to stop this happening or is it just becuase of lockdown and everyone using the WIFI? 

Any help appreciated 

Harry

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: WIFI 'dropping'

if the hub is changing colour from blue to orange then you are dropping internet connection not just the wifi.

can you check to see if you have a dial tone on landline and if so dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: WIFI 'dropping'

need information I requested but if line problem will continue until fixed

the wifi is only dropping because you are dropping internet connection shown by hub lights changing colour

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.