cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Wi-Fi network losing connection

Hi all. I moved address this year and are having nothing but trouble with my wifi network. I’ve had 2 engineer visits who haven’t got a clue. I can’t get full fibre where I am, but only need enough to watch my tv. I have 3 discs set up. I moved from a large 3 bedroom semi with no problems at all to a small bungalow and having horrendous trouble keeping my tv on in my bedroom. Every morning the tv won’t connect to the internet even though it’s connected via Ethernet straight I to a WiFi smart disc. I have recently put 2 other discs around the house, at BTs advice but still nothing. All I want to do is watch my tv in bed on a morning so I don’t have to get up too early and put my heating on. When I took the contract on in June 2021 I was guaranteed a lot higher speeds but now only guaranteed 35. BT won’t let me leave until this contract is up in June 2023, surely this isn’t right if I’m not getting what I signed up for originally. Please help I’m at my wits end, I’ve tried everything to get connection stable in my bedroom, which is next door to my main hub.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wi-Fi network losing connection

As you are on FTTC - fibre to the street cabinet you connection speed is dependent on your distance from the street cabinet and having moved home you are now further from the street cabinet and hence a reduced speed.  There is nothing BT can do about it and you will get a good as your line  can handle 

Connecting to the disc by ethernet but disc is connecting to hub by WiFi so your connection to TV is dependent on hub WiFi.  Have you tried changing the wifi channels in the hub?  Did you reset the discs when you set them up in your new home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wi-Fi network losing connection

Thanks. Yes the discs have been reset a couple of times. The discs stay blue and devices show full signal but the connection isn’t there. It’s like something is blocking it. Wouldn't mind if the discs turned red then I’d know the discs are losing connection. I’ve been given a new hub with the hope this might rectify it but no the problem persists. The speed of 35 should be sufficient to run my bedroom TV so I’m told by BT so no idea why it’s losing connection. Every morning I try turning it on and it’s lost connection along with my phone and iPad. I can get it working by resetting router but shouldn’t have to do this on a daily basis. At a loss now. I tried reading the data log in my router settings but don’t understand it and there’s pages of it 

0 Ratings