cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

WiFi 7

Hello, hope someone can help.

I'm very interested in getting WiFi 7 and am currently a BT customer (full fibre 500). Do I need ditch BT and sign up with EE to get this?

Is EE issuing WiFi 7 routers? Is BT going to do this as well?

Sorry if this sounds confused but, well, I am.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: WiFi 7

Note that to use the benefits of  WiFi 7, you will also need client devices that are compatible with WiFi 7. Today that's a limited number of new devices.

Also, you don't need to move providers to have WiFi 7, some new third-party routers and access points have WiFi 7 capabilities today.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@TheLobsterwrote:

I'm very interested in getting WiFi 7 and am currently a BT customer (full fibre 500). Do I need ditch BT and sign up with EE to get this?

Yes, but you can switch for free.

The new WiFi 7 router is a £10 per month add on. You will be signing up again for a new 2 year contract.

BT are moving all residential customers to the EE brand, so you will have to switch at some point anyway.

Whatever happens, when you call to make the change, do not believe anything you are told and write everything down. It will go wrong, be patient, the systems are a mess behind the scenes.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 4 of 4

I'm on FF500 and currently using my own wi-fi 6 router (Asus RT-AX5400) and with my iPhone 11s I can close to max rates on the 5GHz band.

Not sure what's to be gained by wi-fi 7 other than better handling of multiple devices all using the wifi at the same time and wanting high transmission rates.

0 Ratings