cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Xbox two ip addresses.

Hello everyone hope you can help.

Just got home from work to find a very frustrated son.

His Xbox has been playing up all day,kicking him out of games and behaving very erraticly.He has never had many problems with it.

We have full fibre 100 reaching speeds close to 150mbs continuously,plus one Bt complete Wifi disc which the Xbox is wired to.

Fed up with his moaning I checked the Smarthub 2 homepage and it shows that his Xbox is connected twice with different Ip addresses.Obviously this can’t be right and it’s probably why it’s misbehaving.Does anyone have any idea why this has happened and suggestions to sort it and why it happened in the first place.

UPDATE

Son has unplugged Xbox thinking it’s faulty,boxed it up and is going to sell it.Homepage now shows only one Xbox connected,even though none are connected.The one that dropped off was his Xbox as that was showing hundreds of Mb downloaded,the one remaining on the homepage is 0.1 only.He is going to buy another one but I’m worried the same think will occur whilst this rogue one is still connected.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Xbox two ip addresses.

Reboot Hub re boot xbox should clear it ,might also be i.e next door on same wifi channel as you cause dropout slow speeds etc ,rebooting hub should refresh wifi channel to a clearer channel and clear any ip conflicts 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply,all of that done,don’t think it’s a neighbour conflict as both sets are over 70 and we moved 5ghz channel to 48 when most keep it to 36.Only happened so quickly,had a mini power cut that knocked out the WiFi disc but would that really result in 2 ip addresses being assigned to the Xbox 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

make sure hub settings wifi for both 2.4 an 5ghz have same network name password an not run as separate networks and wifi channel for both 2.4 an 5ghz set to smart,auto find best channel best speed etc.

0 Ratings