cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

randomly connected to VPN

i don’t have a vpn, have no clue what it is. i tried to watch a netflix show this morning on my phone but it said “unavailable in my region” even though i know it shouldn’t be. i called netflix and had them help me with what they could. i can watch the show when i switch from using wi-fi to my mobile data. they said the issue is with my wi-fi and that a vpn is being run. this issue doesn’t effect the netflix on my tv so i’m really confused 

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: randomly connected to VPN

Hi @skittles1324 VPN is software or an app on your device. It's sometimes included as part of anti-virus packages, do you have anything like that on your mobile phone? 

Neil 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Never had a VPN, don’t know how to use one

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@skittles1324 as your TV has no issue with the same wifi connection it might be something that's installed on your mobile phone. Did you check to see if this is a feature of your anti-virus software?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

i don’t have one of those as far as i know, this is just something that happened over night

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@skittles1324 the only other thing I can suggest is turning off your Hub for 20 mins to see if you're given a new IP address which may help. If the issue continues then it's likely a setting or app setting on your mobile.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings