cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

third party router

Go to solution

As BT Smart Hub2 has limited  features and isn't really configurable I've decided to change it but for some reason I can't get internet access with a different router. I have a mini pc with a firewall/router pfsense installed and directly connected to ONT but I have no internet and the situation is the same with omada tplink router.  I choose PPPoE connection and entered BT credentials bthomehub@btbrodband.com and password BT.  I can manage to establish a connection and gateway but I have no luck with the internet. Magically everything works with BT SH2. I have attached all screenshots from all my routers including BT SH2. Thanks for any help.

pfsense.jpgER605.jpgbt_Broadband.jpg 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: third party router

Go to solution

The WAN addresses are not internet addresses.  It suggests it not managing to log into BT's servers and get valid WAN IPs!  *At a guess are you using a VLAN on the WAN interface, you don't need to with BT FTTP!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

You appear to have entered a username of bthomehub@btbrodband.com instead of bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It's working now !!! What a embarrassing mistake I made I don't how I miss that. Thank you very much.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

If you are using pfSense you can increase the WAN MTU to 1500 as BT support baby jumbo frames.  For IPv6 you will need the following settings:

IPv6 PD /56
Only request an IPv6 prefix
PPPoE monitoring IP 1.1.1.1