cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

upgraded my fibre to the next speed and have received Smart Hybrid Connect do I plug this into my

Go to solution

upgraded my fibre to the next speed and have received Smart Hybrid Connect do I plug this into my existing hub? 

I got 2 bits of hardware each only has one CAT5 port. My existing BT provided full fibre hub has multiple cat5 ports which my PC etc are plugged into

are the 2 new devices just for boosting wifi, or do I need to plug one of them in somewhere to boost full fibre?

My pc etc do not have wifi so this is a problem, I also work from home and that device is also cat5d into the hub 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: upgraded my fibre to the next speed and have received Smart Hybrid Connect do I plug this into m

Go to solution

The hybrid connect is a 4G fallback device for broadband line failure, it's not a WiFi device.

Did the box it came in not have an instruction leaflet?

https://www.bt.com/help/bt-halo/getting-set-up/setting-up-hybrid-connect

Message 3 of 4

Re: upgraded my fibre to the next speed and have received Smart Hybrid Connect do I plug this into m

Go to solution
yes, but not as clear as that link you just provided. many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

And if you've also been sent Complete WiFi discs, their use is entirely optional. If you don't need to extend WiFi just leave them in the box until such time as BT ask for them back.

If you want more ethernet ports to accommodate the new kit, then simply add a cheap ethernet switch.