cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

wifi connection stopped working

Go to solution

Evening all.

My connection has just been restored after a major service outage.

Now, neither of my two Android smartphones will connect to my Hub (Smart Hub) One is with BT and the other with EE.

Settings on both phones appear to be OK . Wi-Fi is enabled in Connections and Wi-Fi preferred is enabled in the call settings in the phone app.

I've doI've down powered and restarted both the phones.

I've down powered and restarted the hub. It appears to have lost the Wi-Fi facility.

Any suggestions for a resolution?

TIA Deejay

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: wifi connection stopped working

Go to solution

Have you tried a factory reset by pressing recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until hub !ights flash 

If you have the 2.4/5ghz networks split then you need to do it again after factory reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply

I was trying to avoid a factory reset.  I don't fancy re-installing all the peripherals to the Home Hub.

It turns out that there was a mains failure during the night  I have an electric fire , controlled by a remote unit, which had got itself into a 'different' state, perhaps by a surge voltage. when the mains failed or returned.

I'll speak to the support staff to see if there is an alternative option.

In the mean time I'll try a 'soft' restart from within the hub.

Cheers

Deejay

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Problem solved. I rang the helpdesk and the system showed no problems with the network or my equipment.

The technician I spoke to knew his way round Android phone settings and suggested the following;

1) Settings - Connections - Turn off W-Fi

2) Press and hold the turn on button

3) My Home Hub connection appeared and I connected to it.

The Wi-Fi connection name now appears  within the 'current network'  box in Wi-Fi connections. I don't think it was there before. Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi calling logos now appear at the top of the screen.

Deep joy. Re-Entering all the stuff into the HH can wait till we go to Digital voice.

Cheers

Deejay

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Just so that you are aware. Unless you changed either the SSid (name) of the Smarthub or the wireless password, your devices should just reconnect to the Smarthub after a factory reset.

If you had set up any port forwarding rules, if you carry out a "Back up" found in the Smarthub's advance settings, prior to doing the factory reset, you will be able to "import" the back up along with the settings you made. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for that. I'll print it off for later.

Cheers

Deejay

0 Ratings