cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 32

Amazon Firestick - Ultimate HDR stopped on Discovery+ app

Go to solution

As suggested by @DarrenDev I've started a separate thread.

HDR was working fine in Discovery+ for BT Sports Ultimate - no settings have been changed on the devices.

I found this weekend that it is not working on any of the Firesticks which were working (different models) - and tried different tvs too.

So it was Saturday 26th Aug I found it no longer works - but I did NOT try it at all on weekend of 18-19 Aug as I was away.

So the last time I know it was working was weekend of 11-12 Aug.  The app was updated shortly after that but the devices get almost daily updates from Amazon.

HDR test works on all devices - and all other apps with HDR are still working.

Anyone else found this? I have sent videos to Discovery+ support team.

There are some UHD assets (with HDR) to use to test - don't have to wait for live programming.

HDR still working on NOW and BT devices.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32

Re: Amazon Firestick - Ultimate HDR stopped on Discovery+ app

Go to solution
Which Firestick models have you tried?
I've just checked my Firestick 4k (1st gen - AFTMM) and it's playing Bournemouth v Spurs from 26/8 in HDR no problem (I couldn't see any HDR logo - just the UHD one - but it plays in HDR).
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 32

Go to solution

I've just looked at that match on my firestick 4k. Like Ozsat I get the Ultimate channel recording, but no HDR.

If it is relevant (and it doesn't mean anything to me!) it shows as color space YCbCr 4:2:2.

Fire TV Stick 4K Max

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 32

Go to solution
Just checked my display settings on the Fire stick and it was set to always display in HDR. I've switched it to Adaptive, and it now doesn't show HDR for the content (tried on a 4K 1st gen, and a 4K Max).

Did the app ever show an HDR icon on the content in the app? I can only see the UHD icon, so can't see a way to tell if the source has HDR available.
Message 5 of 32

Go to solution

For what it is worth, on the app on my LG TV there is no HDR logo on the menu, just UHD, but the match plays in HDR, so the source in HDR is there somewhere.

Message 6 of 32

Go to solution

The asset has only ever displayed UHD in the programme image - but playing the asset had been switch both tv sets into HDR mode.

If you play the same asset on other devices - HDR is triggered still (still only says UHD in propgramme asset image) but tv reports HDR.

@DarrenDevwrote:
Just checked my display settings on the Fire stick and it was set to always display in HDR. I've switched it to Adaptive, and it now doesn't show HDR for the content (tried on a 4K 1st gen, and a 4K Max).

Did the app ever show an HDR icon on the content in the app? I can only see the UHD icon, so can't see a way to tell if the source has HDR available.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 32

Go to solution
We've fired off a request to the discovery+ client team to ask whether it's something they've intentionally changed.
Message 8 of 32

Go to solution
We have an answer already:
A bug was raised that HDR failed to play correctly in some scenarios (possibly device-specific - we don't have access to the details). The decision was taken to turn off HDR whilst that issue was fixed.
The fix is already in test, and HDR will be enabled when it's safe to do so - they'll follow up with us when a date is known.
Message 9 of 32

Go to solution

Thank you - hopefully it will return as it is currently a lost feature.

@DarrenDevwrote:
We have an answer already:
A bug was raised that HDR failed to play correctly in some scenarios (possibly device-specific - we don't have access to the details). The decision was taken to turn off HDR whilst that issue was fixed.
The fix is already in test, and HDR will be enabled when it's safe to do so - they'll follow up with us when a date is known.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 32

Go to solution

@DarrenDev- it doesn't seem to be just HDR stopped - the recorded UHD streams are not even getting beyond 1080.

0 Ratings