cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport Fire Stick on Sky Glass not UHDR

Hi. 

I am still waiting for the red button ultimate on my Sky glass tv. I have the HD channels on my sky tv guide but used to be able to watch BT Sport ultimate through my Fire stick, but I am only getting normal HD.

When I run the device checker, it tells me that I am not able to watch 4K or HDR. Before you say it, the TV is default set to UHDR and I have no problems watching UHDR from within the sky platform itself.

Any advice?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport Fire Stick on Sky Glass not UHDR

Have you checked the display settings on your Fire Stick to make sure it’s still set for 4K (automatic) or 2160p 50hz?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Only shows 1080 when plugged into Sky Glass. It gives 2160 on another TV. I’m wondering if the Fire Stick doesn’t see Sky Glass as UHD

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

It is worth posting in Sky's own Glass forum.

I understand Sky have blocked easy access to non-Sky plug in devices.

Try removing the Glass tv from the Internet while trying the Firestick.

@christo3574wrote:

Hi. 

I am still waiting for the red button ultimate on my Sky glass tv. I have the HD channels on my sky tv guide but used to be able to watch BT Sport ultimate through my Fire stick, but I am only getting normal HD.

When I run the device checker, it tells me that I am not able to watch 4K or HDR. Before you say it, the TV is default set to UHDR and I have no problems watching UHDR from within the sky platform itself.

Any advice?

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

As @ozsat says, Sky have pretty much locked down non-sky devices to keep you in their ecosystem. There was a report came out recently that said without an active Sky Subscription, your shiny new Sky Glass TV will only function as a monitor and Sky themselves don't even know how to remedy this... My bets are that they do but don't want to...

0 Ratings