cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Sport on second BT Box

Go to solution

hi,  I have purchased a 2nd BT Box so I can watch in two rooms.  My subscription to BT Sports only appears on the original.  

If I try to watch on the other, it says "there's something wrong" but allows you to continue, takes you through a few steps, and then the subscription is running on the 2nd box.   But then its not available on the original, and you have to go through the same malarkey to get it back.

So I can never record on both boxes, only the one currently owning the subscription.

Any advice?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Sport on second BT Box

Go to solution

To use 2 BT TV boxes you need a multiroom subscription

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Sport on second BT Box

Go to solution

@MikeCardUKwrote:

Any advice?

Unless you really, really want to record in more than one room, don't buy a BT TV multiroom subscription, leave BT Sport channels accessible on the box you use the most and record there.

Then use another streaming device (such as an Amazon Fire TV Stick), to access the channels via the BT TV or BT Sport app (whichever it is these days), on the 2nd TV. 

It's a £120 a year for multiroom v. £40ish one off payment, often less in a sale.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED