cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT TV

Recently moved house (April). 

We never had a BT TV box, and have never been able to get one. Originally had the old YouView box that got miss-placed somewhere a long while ago.

Tried to set up BT TV app on fire stick but it claims we need BT TV Extra. 
I can't find the BT TV app Extra anywhere on the BT site.

We only have the basic TV Entertainment starter package. But currently cannot use it at all. 
We have Amazon, Netflix, Disney+ and BBC/ITV/4/5 etc. set up through the fire stick so ideally want BT TV on that as well.

Anyone have a solution ?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT TV

What are you hoping to be able to watch on the Fire Stick?  It's mostly only there for movies and box sets nowadays.  If you were hoping to watch TV channels, then there's only BT Sport (for which you could use the BT Sport app), and AMC.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi, 

Mostly AMC. 

We are paying for it so wanted to at least get something from it.

However, fire stick keeps saying we need the extra app and I cannot find it anywhere.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

OK. It's not an app - it's a subscription add-on called "BT TV App Extra" - https://www.bt.com/tv/appextra You'd need to pay extra each month for it (I think it's £10 a month, but I can't be sure).
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi.

I tried that link but all it does it takes me to the BT shop to buy  TVs sound bars and projectors. If I search for BT TV App Extra I get a no results found page.

As I'm already paying £5.50 a month, it seems a bit bad that I then have to hunt around for a thing that apparently doesn't exist and will cost and extra possible £10 a month just to be able to watch a couple of channels and a few box sets.

I don't want or need multi room capability I need to be able to watch the package I am paying for on a single TV. 
The only other solution at the moment appears to be to pay out for a BT TV Box which also are non existent on the store.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

The "Buy from BT Shop" is for buying devices on which you can use the subscription.
To add the subscription, you need to use the "Upgrade TV" button lower down and follow the process through to find the relevant add-on.
I don't understand how you managed to take on a BT TV subscription without ever being sent a set top box. Given that you're on an ancient subscription package, your best option would be to take one of our current packages where you'd then be sent a new BT TV box.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi,

That just takes me around the same loop I’ve been going through for the past couple of days.

All it offers is upgrading the TV package no BT TV app extra.
I don’t want to upgrade, so just feels like a push to result in me spending more.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

In which case, it's most likely not possible to add it anymore. The subscription package you're on hasn't been sold for many years.
Given you're on an old TV package, it's quite probable that you're on an old broadband package too - have you checked the current offers on https://www.bt.com/tv/packages ? You could end up finding a deal that costs less per month, and includes more (plus you'll receive a BT TV box).

If you really don't want to change your package, and want to be able to watch AMC, you'll need to buy yourself a YouView box - many places online sell them.

0 Ratings