cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 24

Re: Casting to TV not working from BT sports app

More in relation to BT Sport, its app and tech issues that arised within it that you'd see sorted and fixed within days thanks to this forum, not spending weeks trying to get some random CS agent in an email to understand whats wrong and finally agree it needs 'investigating' before nothing happens.

Message 22 of 24

Coincidentally, I had a chat on Friday with the guys here about how things are going work from Tuesday onwards. Although it's a JV, the operation of TNT Sports will be handled entirely by WBD. I'll no-longer have access to logs, or source code, or have any ability to speak directly to the people responsible for the apps or infrastructure.
I'm going to try to help out where I can, by at least being able to answer questions about what will be supported, what should work, where to find stuff, etc.
Message 23 of 24

That total loss also means that getting support for issues is going to become as tedious as ever.

Ive been trying to get them to address the issues on the Fire Stick D+ app for over a year, on multiple occasions raising 4 tickets and it just gets 'forgotten' and when i chase it up, im expected to go through the entire process again instead of the supposed investigation reaching an actual conclusion and they address the issue finally. Its like its just been filed and that was it.

You get issues addressed on the day and within a few days tops, its sorted. I can only thank you sincerely for your work, you putting up with people getting irate and still coming back to fix problems and try to make the BT Sport service and apps as top-notch as possible every day, i thank you.

Message 24 of 24

Thanks for the heads-up, Darren. I had hoped that WBD would just want to concentrate on the marketing and distribution aspects of TNT Sports and let BT Group handle the infrastructure and technical support on behalf of the consumer. From the feedback I have received concerning DNE's handling of the latter it doesn't bode particularly well but I hope I'm wrong. The discovery+ app streaming quality has been pretty seamless in my experience, though I do find it ironic that the app itself is still missing from my Pro HD box!

I would just like to reiterate comments that others have made concerning the quality of BT consumer across all aspects: in my experience it has always been reasonably reliable and efficient - particularly from a technical support point of view. It is much easier to deal with all forms of media under 'one roof'.

Kind regards,

Chris

0 Ratings