cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 86

Re: College football

Just an update on this from Ben Issacs

https://twitter.com/tweetsfromben/status/1688552547332558849

So as it stands just the SEC game on the week on TNT and Notre Dame (home) games on Sky. I think his idea of BBC going after some rights is a bit pie in the sky, DAZN is probably more a little more likely as they look to fill out/prop up their offering (just got the Saudi Pro League) as it continues to burn more cash than the KLF!

Message 22 of 86

Absolute disaster

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 86

What about YouTube TV? It carries ESPN, Fox, CBS, NBC, etc. Whilst it requires a US zip code etc, there are ways... 👀 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 86

Had this from discovery+...

'Hi Asa, 

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with discovery+ Customer Support. My name is Liam and I will be happy to help with your enquiry today. 

I understand that you were looking for more information on our coverage of the NCAA Football season. We are certainly showing live games this season on TNT Sports, however exact details have not been released as of yet. I would suggest keeping an eye on our social media channels in the coming weeks for more information releasing as we get closer to the start of the season. 

I do hope that this has helped. If you have any further questions or queries, please feel free to get back in touch. 

Kind regards, 
Liam'

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 86

https://twitter.com/tweetsfromben/status/1691419993542397953?s=20

"Some bad news. I've now had it 100% confirmed there will no CFB of any kind on TNT going forward. So no SEC game from CBS. As it stands there will be 7 CFB games available in the UK and Ireland this year - the 7 Notre Dame home games shown by Sky Sports."

Great

Message 26 of 86

Just awful.

Message 27 of 86

So much for, "We might be getting a new name but everything else will stay the same, "

After the college football season finished in January, I've hardly watched BT\TNT Sports. This is the final nail in my decision to cease my BT TV subscription and go down the IPTV route. 

Any explanation why TNT have reneged on their promise when taking over from BT?

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 86

By all accounts they could make the claim that they were taking the same content BT Sport had, because they still had a contract with ESPN for their content through 31st July. The fact that they (whether TNT or ESPN isn't clear) then chose not to renew that contract is, apparently, entirely separate to the BT -> TNT transfer.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 86

Hi guys and thanks all for posting.

I can appreciate how frustrating this is for you all but the only advice we can give is to use the contact link posted by @JohnC2 in message 11.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 86

I've sent in a complaint (not that I think it'll make any difference).

Tee'ing off long-standing customers within a few weeks of taking over a contract doesn't bode well for the future. What minority sports will TNT drop next?
0 Ratings