cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Discovery+ App via Now TV, TNT Sport 1 NOT HD!!!

I'm using the Discovery app for the first time via Now TV to watch the European football. The match I am watching on TNT sport 1, Brighton, isn't a HD picture. I'm unsure why. The BT sport app via NOW TV that I used to use to watch was always in HD no matter what I watched. We have a full BT sport subscription including HD. Any ideas anyone please? Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Discovery+ App via Now TV, TNT Sport 1 NOT HD!!!

When you say "via Now TV", do you mean on a Now TV stick?
discovery+ doesn't offer a difference between SD/HD/4K - it'll always offer the best quality based on device, display, and network speed.
Have you checked any other channels? Or any on-demand video? It may just be that the match you're watching has a poor source video stream?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi. Thanks for your reply, yes I mean on a now TV stick. I've always watched the BT sport app on the stick and it's always been HD for every match. But tonight, my first time using the Discovery App the match isn't HD at all. Connection etc all good. How do I check if it has a poor video source stream?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Just try watching something else - either another channel, or an on-demand match replay.
Message 5 of 6

The quality of the Brighton match on TNT Sports 1 is poor, but that isn't because of TNT.

How this level of quality can be allowed by UEFA is beyond me, they used to have pretty decent standards, but the quality so far this season from some has been poor. This isn't a TNT Sports issue

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Well there was misleading graphics on the Brighton game when at 25 minutes into the game  they displayed a VaR  review and  displayed the outcome as a penalty decision only for 1 minute later it to be displayed as no penalty. The on;y people more confused that me seemed to be the commentary team. So certainly production values on that gamer were of questionable quality.

Certainly TNT  should be asking questions of their suppliers as to the quality of the feeds and production.

0 Ratings