cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Discovery PLus channel on BT Box

Go to solution

Discovery PLus channel on BT Box .. I see Eurosport have moved the bulk of WSB coverage to the Disney Plus channel, which apparently I am paying for, but cannot access from a BT Box, in fact, it appears that I have to buy an Apple TV box if I want to watch it, is that correct? Anyone know anything about this?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Discovery PLus channel on BT Box

Go to solution

The Discovery+ app should be coming soon but no date has been released yet but the likely scenario is for around the time TNT Sport is launched or the new Premier League season but this is just speculation and hasn't been confirmed by BT or Discovery/Warner 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

WSB (World Superbikes) is broadcast typically on Eurosport 2  so is available on BT TV boxes. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@PhilC42 I've just checked the BT TV EPG and WSB in on Eurosport 2

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Note that WSB and BSB coverage is sometimes not complete on the ES2 channel so need to use the Discovery+ app to fill in the gaps. For example, yesterday's Superpole session for the Superbike class was online only. Thankfully, Discovery+ inherited the superb Eurosport Player catch-up capability so not a biggy.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

The Discovery Plus app works well on Roku and features Eurosport, the fire stick is a lower spec Roku who make them both.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

ROKU don't make the Fire TV Stick. Its an Amazon product.

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
ok thank you for letting me know .. not great for BT/Eurosport to do that 😞
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

The Firestick is marketed by Amazon but it was originally designed and built by Roku,  manufacturing was due to switch to Amazon's plant in India in February this year. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson wrote:

The Firestick is marketed by Amazon but it was originally designed and built by Roku,  manufacturing was due to switch to Amazon's plant in India in February this year. 

Do you have any reference/evidence of this?  They're competing products with absolutely no overlap in design or operation, so it would be very surprising if true.