cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Discovery+ not available to download on my phone

Go to solution

Hi,

Sorry to post here, but Discovery's support service is chocolate-teapot standard, whereas I get lots of useful info from this forum.

With the BT Sport app (which has always worked well on my phone) closing, I followed the link to download discovery+, but the Play Store says it's not available for my device.

According to the system requirements, it should work on Android 5.1+. My Huawei P30 Lite has Android 11. So surely it should work?

Does anyone have any insight, please? Discovery+ support just shrug and say use another device! As I say, the BT app has always worked.

Thank you,

Chris

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Discovery+ not available to download on my phone

Go to solution

Discovery plus do not support your phone

https://support.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360018652678-discovery-supported-devices

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Gosh, that'll be it then. I assume that's related to WBD being a US company. Despite the fact that I have a phone with the Google Play Store on it!

So I need to buy a new phone for my existing BT/TNT service to keep working as it is. These are the little exceptions they don't mention in the letters and emails that promise seamless transition...

Thanks for telling me what discovery+ support couldn't, imjolly!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Agreed - most likely due to being from the US.
We're going to raise it with them - Huawei accounts for ~5% of the BT Sport app on Android, so not a small audience they're cutting off.
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks Darren. I'm sure all of us in that boat appreciate your team's support!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

You may be able to download an APK for the app & install that. Google is your friend & entirely at your own risk.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Glad you said it @rbz5416 - I'm not allowed to. 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

You may be able to use the Discovery+ web site to access the BT/TNT Sport content.  It is what I have to do on my old tablet.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I have a Huawei phone, if you have chrome, hit the 3 dots in top right hand corner, use desktop site and log in that way 

0 Ratings