cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

EETV app on Apple TV 4K box

All

Since the BTTV app was replaced by the EETV app on the Apple TV 4K box I am having the following issue.

If I logon the EETV app on the Apple TV4K box and then exit it, i then try and watch a subscription channel on my BTTV pro box and i get an error stating its active on another device, if i then click okay it works BUT something isnt right, never did this before and I imagine it will cause problems if i try and record for example Sky Atlantic on the BTTV pro box if the last device i used the EETV app on was my Apple TV 4K.

I also get the following error on the BTTV pro box, BTP-16500,IPC6007 saying channel unvailable and when i click resolve it then tells me i have too many TV boxes connected to my broadband and to make the BT pro box my main one to press okay it then plays, this only happens when I have been watching the EETV app on the Apple TV 4K box last. 

As I said the BTTV app never had this effect on my BT pro box

Anyone else having the same problem?

And why oh why have BT ditched the BT Sport app, by far the best app they had and compareed to the Discovery app it was a masterpeice!!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: EETV app on Apple TV 4K box

The EE TV app now behaves as a set top box, so everything you've described is as expected.
Don't worry, it won't affect your recordings.
The plan is to get rid of the "too many boxes" message on your TV Box Pro too, so you'll not even be aware that the subscription is shifting back and forth as needed.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Appreciate the quick reply to my question.  I do find it a little strange that BT/EE have rolled out an app that generates these error messages by design, surely BT/EE should have waited until the dev's had ironed it out.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

It's a minor inconvenience at the moment, but waiting for set top box to catch up could take months. They're a different dev team from a different company, with different priorities.
Better to let everyone enjoy the new experience sooner than wait for every i to be dotted, and t crossed.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It isnt a minor inconvenience when you have your kids and wife asking you why the TV has stopped working all the time and why multiple error messages are appearing, i have now stopped using the EETV app on my Apple 4k box.

Poor implementation, these things should be ironed out before it went public. You say better to let everyone 'enjoy' the new experience, no it isnt if its half baked like the EETV app is.

I cant believe this got signed off.

0 Ratings