cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Poor signal on sport channels using BT Pro TV Box but signal is good using the Discovery+ App on TV

I have a BT TV Pro box which is connected via ethernet to my BT Hub. When I try and watch the sport channels (formerly BT Sport 1 etc.) the signal regularly drops out or goes very fuzzy. If I try to watch the same channel on my TV ( LG oled B series) through the discovery + app, the picture is fine. The TV is also connected to the BT Hub via ethernet. So the problem seems to be with the TV box, which is frustrating as it means I can't use the recording function from the box. My broadband speed is around 30 - 35 mb/s. Does anyone know if this is a common problem with the TV box or a one off issue, and if a one off issue, any ideas on a fix? TIA

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Poor signal on sport channels using BT Pro TV Box but signal is good using the Discovery+ App on

Hi @Hewitta 

"ALL IP channels are delivered over multicast.
ALL content delivered in the apps is delivered Unicast OTT."
So different delivery of the content. 
So you you are experiencing issues with multicast  content.
Do you see error codes or messages appear when the TNT Sports signal drops out or becomes fuzzy ?
How regularly  does it occur and does it recover  itself after  a few seconds or is it  a continuous a problem ?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Poor signal on sport channels using BT Pro TV Box but signal is good using the Discovery+ App on

Are you trying to watch in 4k? if so then you need a speed in the order of 44Mb/s minimum

0 Ratings