cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Random 4K Availability

Go to solution

Last Wednesday, i was strangely given the option to watch the Man City Vs Real Madrid game in 4K, despite not having that add-on with the big-screen part of the subscription (We get BT Sport with the EE Broadband, but didn't add-on Ultimate)

Was there some glitch that gave it us for a short time or a test that was done ect? (I even went to device checker, and it gave me every green-tick you can get)

It had been removed by the following morning, much to my sadness 😄

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Random 4K Availability

Go to solution
The new authentication platform died, leaving everyone unable to log into any apps that use it (including BT TV and BT Sport).
We have a process in place for BT Sport in case of events like this - everything gets opened up to everyone. For about 90 minutes on Wednesday night, everyone had full access to all BT Sport content.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Im guessing tonights 4K availability was intended?

(If so, will it also be for the UCL Final on Satursday?)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
I'm on holiday this week so not keeping up with the service status, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had to turn off login again. I'm not aware of any other reason that would cause 4k to become available.

Easy way to tell - check the settings screen. If it doesn't show your BT ID, it doesn't know who you are (and so has opened up everything to everyone).
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

It was still showing my ID on the bottom-left of the screen (Fire Stick 4K Max) when i went to device checker. Could it be this is how they're letting free use of the app for the free live-showings of the finals?

0 Ratings