cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Recording Fugby

Please explain -

Why recording  of Toulouse v Munster match ended before the end of the deciding kicks?

Why Leicester v Leinster recording only started 16 minutes into the match?

Why same match recoding ended after just 10 minutes of the game?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Recording Fugby

Toulouse v Munster coverage overran into the planned coverage of the start of the Leicester v Leinster match which was moved to a BT Sport Extra channel. This was explained by the commentators at the time.  My recording got all the deciding kicks with a minute or so to spare.

I watched the Leicester v Leinster match on catch up but that too only started 16 minutes in, fortunately just in time to catch the replay of the first score.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Well looking at catchup extended highlights and match replay of Leicester v Leinster  suggests the following

The match replay available on BT Sport App has the Bt Sport Extra 3 logo and seems to have  complete match. The extended highlights available on BT Sport App , BT TV box catchup and BT TV apps has the BT sport 2 logo and only covers highlights from the 16th minute onwards which is  the time that BT Sport 2 started covering the match. Clearly the whole match  stream was available but presumably the supplier didn’t choose the best (most complete) source.

As to @TonyMI5  recording experience I would speculate that a possible cause of the cutoff in recording ending is if the EPG updates entries to extend the first match coverage and defer the start of the broadcast of the second game were in progress.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Can someone explain why some videos are present on the app on my phone but not on the app on my Youview box and some are not even that? For example, La Rochelle v Montpellier which I eventually found a highlights clip for on the BT Youtube channel.

Should not all platforms offer all the same content?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

When you say the app on your phone @gomezz is that the TV app or the Sport app?

The Sport app has all content.  The TV app has just content that the schedulers believe will be popular.

You should find the BT TV app on your phone has the same content as the BT TV app on your BT TV box.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

The Sport app on my mobile has more content than that on on the Youview box app. That is the main beef.  What is the reason to restrict the latter?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

The app on the YouView box is for BT TV. It includes a selection of sport content, but that isn't it's main purpose.
There was talk at one point of putting the BT Sport app on the YouView box, but with all that's happening with Discovery, I doubt that'll happen.

For now, if you want to watch BT Sport then the BT Sport app on other devices is your best option.
Message 8 of 8

So BT Sport subscribers who don't have other devices get a second-rate service?
0 Ratings