cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 46

Re: TNT SPORTS Buffering , screen freezes , with rotating circle

Frequent buffering for me tonight during Spurs/Brentford and Liverpool/Chelsea.
Most were only a second or two long, but two were long enough for me to run a speed test which, as expected, showed no issues at my end. I needed to restart the stream in the end.

Shambolic frankly

P.S. Forgot to mention that the UHD stream was virtually unwatchable. It kept dropping the resolution and became fuzzy vision!

What device was you using?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 46

@Popeye13_Official 

An Apple TV 4K 2nd gen. 
The HD stream was fine apart from the buffering   
The UHD stream kept dropping to SD or worse frequently.

A steady 74mbps getting to the ATV fwiw

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 46

That was one of the devices i had issues with, irrespective of line-speed and if i used Wifi or ethernet connection. It just wouldn't hold quality at all and made watching impossible. (Had the same issue on BT Sport app & Discovery+)  on Apple TV 4K G1 & G2

The G2 would display everything else, from SD to 4K HDR (DV, HLG and HDR10) in superb quality and not once a buffering incident or drop in quality. Doesn't make sense does it.

Message 14 of 46

Interesting.  Agreed, it makes no sense at all, but I’ll definitely try other devices next time. 
Thanks for the tip. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 46

Fire Stick 4K Max worked well with BT Sport app, but then didn't with Discovery+. It was a shocking performance of stuttering, freezing and uselessness!

The only thing ive found that works is ROKU Streaming Stick 4K. Seemless in HD and UHD.

Message 16 of 46

Oh, I see. I misunderstood your first post.  
A Firestick max was my next option. I don’t have a Roku, so I’ll avoid streaming TNT entirely I think and hope they sort this mess out soon. 

All the TNT satellite channels play perfectly through Sky Q. I was tempted to cancel that in favour of the app. Glad I didn’t now. 

Message 17 of 46

I can't attest to how the 2nd Gen Fire Stick 4K Max performs (Released in late-2023) but sadly, the issues with the first version were terrible, making it useless for me. If you have the Sky satellite versions of TNT channels, stick with that as it'll be your best option outside of something else to stream D+ on.

Good luck though

Message 18 of 46

OK my kit is Nvidia Shield TV Pro, latest version, even tried cycling through video upscaling on or off, made no difference, when I eventually decided my evenings football was ruined, dropped into YouTube and all fine on that even 4K HD, I found that I could watch (illegally I guess)  a stream of the same match (Liverpool v Chelsea) through South African TV, iincidentally my router is EE 5G getting download speeds over 200Mb.

IF I can watch the football by another means, then WHY EE am I paying you for this unwatchable feed?

Message 19 of 46

@Popeye13_Officialwrote:

I can't attest to how the 2nd Gen Fire Stick 4K Max performs (Released in late-2023) but sadly, the issues with the first version were terrible, making it useless for me. If you have the Sky satellite versions of TNT channels, stick with that as it'll be your best option outside of something else to stream D+ on.

Good luck though

I’ve got the new Firestick Max. I haven’t checked it for buffering, but the major issue is that it doesn’t frame rate match, so sport is shown at 60Hz with all the built in judder that brings. It’s fixable by diving into the Firestick settings, changing it to 50hz and back again when I change apps, but I really can’t be bothered with that level of hassle. I assume that’s an app issue rather than the Firestick because it does frame rate match Prime and Netflix correctly

Yeah, I’ll stick to satellite feed while I still have Sky and hope this is all fixed by the time satellite broadcasting comes to an end.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 46

Framerate matching is very seldom on Fire Stick/Cube. Was something i got used to, and using the key presses to cycle it through the options to get 24Hz for films on Netflix and Disney+ took a while but i agree. Its implementation is a joke as i only ever found that Prime matched and nothing else.

I guess id say have a go with the new Fire Stick 4K Max, you might be surprised (Or not) but worth the try for D+

0 Ratings