Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 46

Re: TNT SPORTS Buffering , screen freezes , with rotating circle

I’ll try it tonight and let you know.

Message 22 of 46

@jaykay2 

OK my kit is Nvidia Shield TV Pro, latest version, even tried cycling through video upscaling on or off, made no difference, when I eventually decided my evenings football was ruined, dropped into YouTube and all fine on that even 4K HD, I found that I could watch (illegally I guess) a stream of the same match (Liverpool v Chelsea) through South African TV, incidentally my router is EE 5G getting download speeds over 200Mb.

If i remember rightly, doesn't the NVidia Shield framerate match now, without the need for third-party apps that do it?

I ask because that being something ruled out, and being solely endless buffering, is a strange one considering how good the Shield is. Its another one of them things how it doesn't make sense on why it doesn't work properly yet other services work seemlessly.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 46

Yes you are right. I have my own suspicsion that the "timeline" thingy across the bottom of the screen is a contributing factor, the other thing I noticed in the past, was when they did a slowmo replay of the action then it woul drop to low res, IF I then rebooted the box it was alright, (until the next slowmo0
Message 24 of 46

As a work around, could you select the specific channel vs selecting the event? The timeline feature doesn't appear on the channel if you select 'TNT Sports 1' from the available channels.

If you select the UHD version of the event, there isn't a timeline (That ive seen) just a duration bar. Does it struggle or have issues with both HD and UHD?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 46

Same here again - First half of Liverpool v Chelsea was ok, but the longer you stay tuned the worse it gets. Lost a full 5 minutes through buffering during the second half. Its just not possible to watch a match when this is going on. There's nowhere to turn to, and I'm really frustrated at paying money for a service that's not useable. Never had a problem with the BT Sport App, its only since being moved to Discovery +
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 46

Discovery+ are not interested in helping at all. You've more chance getting something from a bag of chips than D+ Support.

Reminds me of watching through my Chromecast Ultra for a while, where the stream would gradually fail, with momentary buffering and glitching over a period of around 15-20mins before it would stop entirely. It also took a reboot to fix. Like it got tired almost.... It got to the point of watching UFC London where i was rebooting the CC after each fight in the ad breaks so it was working in a way i could watch.

Message 27 of 46

Surely There's something not quite right about having to invest in different bits of kit, to work around a problem that BT are responsible for in the first place....!!

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 46

Exactly my sentiment. I'm paying for a service that doesn't work while many others dont bother and just stream for free
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 46

BT aren't responsible for Discovery+. Its Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) that are. And they have an appalling reputation when it comes to customer service.

BT was the entire opposite. They couldn't work harder to help you resolve something, especially on this board. Now its like being lost at sea with D+ Support

Message 30 of 46

understand that and, as you say, Discovery + dont provide support. Still feel that BT need to take ownership of the issue and work to resolve it with Warner Brothers - After all its BT / EE that migrated the service to the Dsicovery + App, and its BT / EE that i pay my monthly subs to?

0 Ratings