cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: Thank you to BT Sport team

So it looks like you guys were right after all! TNT Sports it is!

(and they announced a day earlier than we were told to expect)
Message 12 of 31

Not seeing any media coverage yet of the name change?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 31

I can't see anything external on it yet either, but it was just announced internally to the entire company which means it's public news.
Message 14 of 31

Now on various sites it will be TNT Sports and Eurosport will join at some point in the future in UK/Ireland.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/all-sports/tnt-sports-the-future-name-of-bt-sport_sto9406766/story.shtml

EDIT Press release says it will be on Discovery+ have to assume there will be a top up charge especially as everyone gets it free from BT and Sky (so currently I get it through both although my paid sub goes on until July anyway)

https://media.discoverysports.com/post/tnt-sports-the-future-name-for-bt-sport

Message 15 of 31

Oooh TNT... I wonder if AEW will move over in that case... 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 31

And will Ultimate continue and I wonder if we'll get more UHD EPG channels once under the rebranding 😄

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 31

AEW have their deals with ITV and Fite in the UK as it stands while WWE will be the ones on TNT from July.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 31

@BMox81 AEW has been pulled from Fire in a couple of territories because a better distribution deal has been put in place so it seems to be where there is no alternative broadcaster, Fite have the rights and ITV treat it like a second rate product by cutting Dynamite to bits for their delayed broadcast. And, ITV don't have live rights so they could keep their delayed Dynamite rights and the live show could move to TNT in theory. I'm happy with paying Fite (well my wife does anyway) but I'd prefer for her not to pay a fiver a month if she doesn't need to.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 31

I've seen it speculated elsewhere that the only linear channels that will be left will be TNT 1/2 and Ultimate everything else going on Discovery+. While Eurosport 1/2 will remain until after the Olympics.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 31

@tweetSP0RT that could be the case or satellite due to the costs for transponder and EPG space but BT TV is delivered over a closed network so it could hold a bit of sway 

0 Ratings