cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 31

Re: Thank you to BT Sport team

Message 22 of 31

It’s probably to early for a definitive answer on this but for customers who pay bt directly for bt sport only and no other services I wonder what will happen to accounts/payments, would things stay as they are or would they transfer to a new company and would customers have to do anything to ensure continuation of service 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 31

@BSF74 I'd imagine they'll need to take out a Discovery+ subscription but Sky are now bundling it so it'll probably just be Virgin Media etc that are affected. 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 31

@BSF74wrote:

It’s probably to early for a definitive answer on this but for customers who pay bt directly for bt sport only and no other services I wonder what will happen to accounts/payments, would things stay as they are or would they transfer to a new company and would customers have to do anything to ensure continuation of service 

It does make you wonder exactly what is behind the current slashing of BT Sport standalone subscriptions. Especially considering that these are two year contracts when the merger is apparently scheduled for July.

And what of BT TV? Without Sport it's just rebranded, more expensive Now. That then makes me question the existence of the Pro Box. What's the point of a recordable box when everything on it is available on demand?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 31

Is it too much to hope that the new channel names are reflective of the content rather than of the company branding?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 31

BT TV is more than just Now TV - e.g. the new Asian channel package added recently. There's a lot of new stuff coming this year, including new ways to watch stuff. It's not going anywhere.
Message 27 of 31

nigelb72 wrote 

@BSF74 I'd imagine they'll need to take out a Discovery+ subscription but Sky are now bundling it so it'll probably just be Virgin Media etc that are affected. 

@NigelB72  If that’s the case I hope discovery offer a subscription that includes any linear channels and discovery plus app for the sky plus platform like bt currently do as that is how I access bt sports currently , if not I’ll have to get a app only subscription , as skys offer only covers Q and glass

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 31

@BSF74 Discovery+ does include linear channels through the current app.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 31

@NigelB72  I meant any linear channel through a set top box 

I currently pay bt direct for access to the linear channels on my sky plus box and that includes access to the bt sports app 

I would hope discovery offer the same should we have to a new subscription 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 31

I’m looking forward to finding out what new stuff’s going to be coming to BTTV. It sounds exciting and the best thing about it is that @DarrenDev will be on hand to deal with any issues should they arise for us on here.