cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Unable to login to BT Sport android tv app

I’ve recently installed version 1.3.7 of the BT sport app on my android tv. The app has been working on my tv for the past few years, however since installing he update I need to log back in to the app. When I go to the log in screen, the QR code flashes up for a split second and then the app crashes. Has this happened to anyone else? Please can you let me know how I am able to log in to the app on my tv? My android version is 7.0 and my tv is Sony Bravia KD-55XD8599.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to login to BT Sport android tv app

Yes I also have this happening - any solutions out there ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to login to BT Sport android tv app

Unfortunately it looks like Google pushed out a broken version of the WebView system component on Android 7 and Android 8 TVs, which is causing the BT Sport and BT TV apps to crash on the QR code screen.

They've since released a fix, however it can take a little while for devices to pick it up.

I emailed these instructions to @Mathewdaviesuk which he confirmed fixed the issue for him:

follow these steps in any web browser (on your phone or PC):

1. Log into play.google.com with the same account that you’re logged onto your TV with.
  2. Select this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview&pli=1
  3. A green button should offer you the option to install on your device
    1. if it shows as greyed out, then it’s already installed and up to date.
  4. Select it and it’ll prompt your device to update straight away.
  5. Give it a couple of minutes and then try the BT Sport app again.

If that doesn’t work, then it may be possible to install the newer beta release using this link (and follow the same above steps):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview.beta

I'm not sure whether it was the first or second suggestion that worked though.