cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Unable to login to BT Sport app

Go to solution

Hi,

I have a BT Sport subscription via Plusnet but currently unable to login via the app on my Redmi Note 9 smartphone. The only message is "Unable to complete authorisation as there is...." frustratingly the rest of the message isn't displayed on my screen.

I can login fine with the password on the website and I'm sure I'm using the same password on the app.

Have tried reinstalling the app and clearing the cache.

Any help appreciated!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to login to BT Sport app

Go to solution

Are you able to provide a screenshot of that error?  None of the app error messages begin with "Unable to complete authorisation as there is ...", so I'm thinking the error is coming from outside?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

JohnC2_0-1676905300323.png

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Awesome! We've had logs from a few devices indicating a failure in the authentication process, but we didn't know what it looked like to the user and had no way to contact them to find out.

Can you please email me at tv.apps@bt.com so that I can provide you with some instructions on how to provide us with additional logs.  I can also provide a workaround whilst we hopefully find a way to fix it.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@Taylorgrt  It may also be a good idea to edit your email address out of the photo extract as the forum is not private.

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Carlusha, thanks for that spot and I've edited the post now to remove it.

Cheers

John

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks both👍 @Carlusha  @JohnC2 

@DarrenDev I have sent email as requested.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Update on this one:
When launching the login screen, the BT Sport app is being forcefully unloaded in the background. This breaks the login flow, causing that popup to appear.
When the login process is then completed or abandoned, the BT Sport app is automatically reloaded, totally unaware that it was in the middle of a login flow.

I can't explain why the app was unloaded, but I can at least recognise in the code when it happens and trigger the fallback login flow.

For anyone else experiencing this issue, select the More tab in the app and then long press on the "Log in" option shown at the bottom. Long pressing instead of tapping causes it to launch the slightly less friendly version of the login flow, but it guarantees it'll work on all devices.

I'll try to have an app update available for this soon.