cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Watching TNT SPORTS on SKY box

I’ve watched BT/TNT SPORT on my Sky box for many years. No problems.

Then I upgrade / renew my BT broadband package for another 2 years. BT have been guilty of mis-selling me services which turned out to be unnecessary / and expensive (including an unwanted EE TV box). I’m still paying for broadband & the TNT sports package.

I can still watch TNT (now Discovery+) on my iPad & mobile, but the TNT package has disappeared from my TV (unless I buy another package via the red button).

I have an outstanding complaint against BT, but they are slow to reply.

Is there any way I can install / download the TNT package to the TV? Or is this only done through BT/SKY on the Sky viewing card?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Watching TNT SPORTS on SKY box

Good morning @Borisjon 

Welcome to the BT Community!

When you mention not being able to watch through your TV, is it a Sky Box or an EE TV box that you're using here?

We have a separate TNT Sports subscription for BT Broadband customers using Sky which is £25, so it sounds like the version you're currently subscribed to may be the one for EE TV.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks. Historically I’ve always watched BTSport (now TNT Sports) through a Sky box.

I always paid through BT Broadband for this, but from what you say it may be that BT/EE have changed the billing procedure?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for confirming that @Borisjon 

We definitely have an option for users to watch through Sky, but it sounds like you may have been offered a different subscription on this occasion. 

Whilst I don't have access to your account via this public forum, if you reach out to one of our customer care Guides, they'll be able to get this all double checked.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks again.

I’ve again phoned BT & finally established that they sold me a new EE TV package (even though they knew I have an existing Sky deal for 20+ months).

As I bought from a BT/EE High St shop, I was told I had to revisit them to sort out the mess; and this couldn’t be done via telephone.

So I visit the shop - only to be told the same thing - but in reverse.

Next, still in the shop, we phone BT and eventually cancel the new EE/TV package & reinstate my old package of Broadband + TNT sports.

Throughout this, BT/EE were adamant that they couldn’t / wouldn't / never did make any changes to delete a package from the Sky box. But during this last call, this is exactly what they did. Hey Presto, 5 hours of angst later, things are now as they should be.

Shambles? That would be too polite.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I believe the current status is  

Adding  TNT Sports to your Sky package Is available with BT Broadband 

but not with EE broadband.

There is a difference as to products available depending on the brand of broadband.

These days I believe TNT sports is operated by WBD rather than BT albeit that BT and WBD sports rights are combined in a separate (joint venture)  company.

BT mobile customers may also still have a route to order as well but unclear as to whether that is still current,

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks. No wonder those in the BT / EE High St shop didn’t have a clue. All they are interested in is (mis)selling packages to inflate their commissions.

And how is an existing customer / pensioner supposed to navigate through all this? How do I know the difference between BT & EE packages when they are marketed as the same company?