cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

btsport

Dear Community,

is it really true that you cannot use the BTSPORTS APP on a Sony tv?

thanks

Lowcross

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: btsport

Depends how new the TV is. If it's one running Android TV or Google TV (which is pretty much every Sony TV for the last 8 years), then you'll find the BT Sport app in the Play Store.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Mark,

thanks for your reply. The TV is indeed <8 years old and I do have google play store where I have located the BTsports app. The problem is when I press install the app just hangs. It says pending on the screen and does not progress from this status. Previously the app worked on this tv but recently has failed to open. My original question of using the app on a Sony android tv related to advice from BTsports helpdesk which told me the app would not work on a Sony tv (which I could not believe) as it had previously worked. Previously I had  uninstalled the app having been told it may be out of date and that I should install the most up to date version. Hence the current situation. Any further advice would be most appreciated

thanks again

Lowcross

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I had someone with these exact same symptoms just a couple of weeks back. We went through all the usual diagnostics including clearing the Play Store cache, and resetting Play Store completely, but nothing worked. He ended up factory resetting the TV, which sorted it.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi Darren,

thanks for your message.  It looks like I will have to bite the bullet.

Most appreciated

Lowcross

0 Ratings