cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BBC channels breaking up since BT installed.

Since BT was installed with new aerial installation, I've been experiencing breaking up of picture and sound for BBC channels only. No others, can anyone explain why and recommend a fix?  Becoming very annoying. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BBC channels breaking up since BT installed.

Hi @Onkitonkman 

Freeview channels via the aerial are grouped over several multiplex frequencies so you may experience issues with groups of channels which are on one multiplex and not with channels on other multiplexes.  Are you experiencing problems with both the SD and HD BBC channels as they are on different multiplexes ?

Message 3 of 5

Thank you, I was unaware so will check later and let you know.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If its BBC News HD and BBC 4 HD then those are on COMs 7 and are broadcast at a lower signal but other channels on the same mux like Forces TV would then also be affected.

COMs 7 is due to be switched off by 30th June.

If its the other BBC channels like BBC 1 and 2 SD they are on another mux and BBC2 and 2 HD are on another mux again.

Check  your cables are fully in your box and also see if your TV aerial is face in right transmitter depending on where you stay. Some areas like mine are served by two transmitter with one giving out a stronger signal then the other.

Also type of aerial can sometimes affect channels depending on where you live.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

All you need to do is go to Set Up, then into Installation. You should have an option here like Install for the First Time, or Factory Reset. Doing this will take you to the retuning function, which should get your BBC channels back and working for you.

0 Ratings