cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Box/NOW TV keeps asking for parental PIN even though age restrictions are OFF

Go to solution

BT Box/NOW TV keeps asking for parental PIN even though age restrictions are OFF

I have set age restrictions to be OFF on both my BT Box and on NOW TV, both are OFF, and yet any time I want to watch a TV series on NOW TV I am asked at the start of each episode for my PIN again, it is so annoying, does anyone else see this?

Anyone know how to stop this problem? Clearly, turning age restrictions off does not work?

many thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Box/NOW TV keeps asking for parental PIN even though age restrictions are OFF

Go to solution

i believe its a sky thing and there is no way of stopping it ,it does not pop up after 8pm AND yes it is very annoying and completely pointless in my opinion 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: BT Box/NOW TV keeps asking for parental PIN even though age restrictions are OFF

Go to solution

thank you for replying, it is so annoying, another reason to wish I had just gone with Sky instead of BT, so many annoying bugs 😞

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @PhilC42 

This applies to all broadcasters and happens on Sky, Virgin Media etc when broadcasting age restricted content, Ofcom require a PIN.

Its referred to as ‘Mandatory PIN Protection’ as documented here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0025/125359/statement-mandatory-daytime-protection-r...

MikeAlanR

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
The mandatory PIN prompt should only appear when watching channels - there's no requirement for PIN when watching on-demand content if you've turned off content protection.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

so why do they bother having a setting to disable it if it doesn't work

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

If it's happening when viewing On Demand content via the NowTV app, you might need to disable the PIN requirement in the actual app. To do this, head into the Settings and PIN are of NowTV's My Account and change the age restriction settings. You might need to do this via their main online account rather than the app.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
0 Ratings