cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT SPORT

Hello!

Random question, but I took out BTTV in December, entertainment package, with NOW and Netflix.

Up until yesterday,  I was able to access BT Sport in standard definition. I hadn’t taken or ordered BT Sport, but my neighbour told me if you take BTTV you get the sport free.

Anyway, today I now can’t view BT Sport and I’m getting a message saying ‘there’s a problem with your broadband which is effecting BT Sport. Check the connection and restart your router. IPC6001.

Any ideas? 

Thank you! 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT SPORT

You're neighbour is mistaken. What's probably happened is that BT Sport was provisioned in error

Message 3 of 7

I remember that BT Sport used to be free for BT customers when it first started and you could take any BT TV box and it would work, but it's required a subscription for  at least the last 4-5 years.

Message 4 of 7

@Neilyboy72wrote:

...Anyway, today I now can’t view BT Sport and I’m getting a message saying ‘there’s a problem with your broadband which is effecting BT Sport. Check the connection and restart your router. IPC6001.

Did you go through the recommended steps and restart your router and box (as in a proper restart, power off and unplug for at least 30 seconds)?

IPC6001 error means the connection to the internet channel hasn't been successful. Full troubleshooting steps are here (most of the IPC codes have the same solution you will find, you can get the BT advice here if preferred):

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/error-messages/fix-for-ipc6011/ 

If it still doesn't work after that and you have zero reference to BT Sport in your BT account, it is what @NigelB72 said, you got lucky for a while.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I did and it didn’t work, but others have said in their replies that I actually should never have been able to access BT Sport as I’ve not subscribed to it.
Message 6 of 7

So did I 🤣

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 7 of 7

😂
0 Ratings