cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 30

BT TV Entertainment and Netflix question

Hello, I'm looking at the BT TV Entertainment offer.  This includes a Basic Netflix subscription allowing watching on one device only at any time. Somewhere the BT documentation suggests it's possible to upgrade the Netflix option after activating the BT TV account.

Does anyone know the additional charge to upgrade the Netflix subscription with the BT TV Entertainment package from Netflix Basic (watch on one device at a time in SD) to Netflix Standard (watch on two devices at a time in HD)?

Online chat support is not available today and I did not really want to wait at the phone.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30

Re: BT TV Entertainment and Netflix question

It's £4 extra to upgrade to Netflix Premium and you add it during the online order process.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 30

Just did a dumny order & it was the first thing to pop up after clicking add & continue

Screenshot_20220403-155916_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 30

Oops I was slightly wrong with the price 😆

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 30

Thanks.

I had tried going through the ordering process and I was not offered any Netflix option.

I’m offered to add:

- Amazon Video

- BT Sport

- NOW Sport

- NOW Cinema

- NOW Hayu

- watch BT TV in another room

- watch BT TV in HD

Next page is checkout and I did not move there.

I might have to call BT to figure Netflix options available to me.

Thanks for the responses.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 30

@NigelB72 you were right, it's £4 for the standard (9.99 direct) or £8 for the premium with uhd/4 screens

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 30

I’m also considering this offer which looks to be a really good one, although the 24 month contract is a commitment by going with BT rather than directly with Netflix & NOW.

I believe that it is possible to upgrade the Netflix package at the order stage and also at any time during the subscription via My BT. Can anyone confirm that this is the case.

I was also wondering what would happen if you changed from this package to something like Big Sport and wanted to go back to this package again. Would the £6 price still be valid? I know that it’s possible to add other channels as bolt ons on a month by month basis too.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 30

@Brucemeister5 I believe

If you have a Flexible BT TV service you can change your TV package once a month throughout your minimum term. Any changes to your TV package will be charged at the standard price .(standard prices are listed in the BT Consumer Price Guide)

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 30

Thanks for the advice @zulu17  (Blues fan? )We’ve gone ahead and ordered the Entertainment package with BT Sport as an add on and the HD/UHD as well. We’ve upgraded the Netflix from basic to standard at the order stage too. I don’t think that we’ll even bother to try to change tv package as what we’ve ordered gives us exactly what we wanted at a great price without running the risk of losing it. We’ve also taken up an offer to move from Halo 3 to Halo 3+ at a great price. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 30

So to upgrade BT are making you pay the higher price  for 4 screens plus 4K.  If you want to upgrade your Netflix from the basic service.

When some like me are just happy with the 2 screens plus HD for £10.99 direct with Netflix.

Darren

0 Ratings