cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 30

Re: BT TV Entertainment and Netflix question

I think you’re only supposed to be able to have one main package at a time and anything else has to be taken as add ons. However, we’ve just taken Entertainment ( basic Netflix + NOW Entertainment) with BT Sport, HD/UHD, Netflix Standard all taken as add ons. When I go onto MyBT to see what the options are if we wanted to swop, I see that we would be able to swop to Big Sport but would still retain Netflix whilst losing NOW Entertainment. This would cost £47 ( ie Big Sport @ £41 + Netflix basic @ £6) and we would retain all of our other add ons.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 30

But then you're saddled with paying RRP for anything else from Now, which no one subscribing directly to Now does. So you have to pay £9.99 pm for Entertainment whereas I've averaged £2.85 pm over the last two years.

Whether by accident or design, it's all a bit of a mess IMO.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 30

It all depends on the deal you're on. Personally, my renewal offer for BT VIP works out at £63 a month for 2 years. This is for NowTV Entertainment Pass, Sky Cinema, Sky Sports, BT Sport Ultimate, Netflix Premium (4K) and a brand new BT TV Pro Box. 

I didn't even have to haggle for this as it was a renewal offer, sent through the post from BT. 

I'm pretty happy with that 👍

Message 24 of 30

I agree. It would be much better if you could add BT Sport and Sky Sports as add ons and only pay £41 rather than £49. I’m sure that their billing could be set up to do that but they’ve chosen not to. 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 30

It's hard to fathom BT sometimes. Like the ability for EE mobile users subscribing to BT Sport to upgrade to big screen whereas this is denied to actual BT customers. A deliberate business decision or lack of joined up thinking?

Pricing does seem to have element of "And then take away the number you first thought of" about it. 😁

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 30

£6 per month for the Entertainment package is incredible value BUT I think HD is essential these days. HD is an extra £5 when I do a dummy run through an order process, so starting price for me is £11. Does anyone know if Netflix will also be HD (e.g. basic to standard) or is that an extra too? There doesn't seem to be an option to upgrade Netflix basic at time of order - most here seem to say it will be an extra £4 for Netflix standard so total for me with all possible HD channels might be £15. Or is there any extra to pay for NowTV to be in HD too? - as per NowTV extra charge for Boost.

Can all available channels be recorded and set for future recording with the BT box? Or just certain ones? I'm currently paying £26 for an equivalent Sky Q package, so BT is going to be cheaper but the Sky Q interface and channel integration is so good, I worry the BT experience might be disappointing for a relatively small saving

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 30

Hi @rl11 

What it will cost you (if I understood your needs correctly):

- Entertainment £6

- HD £5 (NOW Boost. If in future you add BT Sports, then this will also cover the upgrade from SD to HD)

- Netflix upgrade  Basic to Standard £4.

You can record any of the channels from the EPG that are Freeview or that you are subscribed to. Check the channels carefully, some may not be available in HD that you might expect (e.g. ITV4 etc.). If you look on the BT site under TV, then under What's on, there is a Live TV schedule that will give you a good idea of channels available (I did this before joining BT to get a better idea of channels available).

Message 28 of 30

@Billy 

What you are saying is different to what someone else is saying over on the Youview Community forums.

They are saying. The HD access is a £5pm add-on, but doesn't include Netflix, only Now channels.

So if im right Now Entertainment at £6 but if you add the HD at £5 then you dont get the basic Netflix from what they are saying.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 30

That person on the youview forum has no idea what they're talking about then. HD is an add on which gives the Now channels in HD but not netflix I think that's where the confusion comes in, to get netlix in hd as well you need to add the separate basic to standard £4 netflix upgrade too. To clarify adding hd to the £6 pacakage does not remove basic netflix

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 30

Looks like the offer is finished anyway & is now nearly treble the price plus an outrageous £40 connection fee. But BT really do need to take a long hard look at how they structure their TV offerings IMO.