cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

I currently have Sky TV with full sports package including TNT Sports and Eurosport.  It looks like I could save a good chunk of money by switching to BT TV with full Sports Package, as I already have BT Broadband.  I don't understand why it describes availability of Sky Sports with 'Now' TV subscription??  I want to be able to do the same as I now do on my Sky package.........so see ALL the channels available on the planner, select and record as required, then play back at my convenience.  Is this possible???  I know when I looked into this about a year ago, it wasn't possible to record Sky Sports programmes, they could only be watched live.  Don't want to change then find I can't do the same as I do currently.  Can anybody reassure me????

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV

Go to solution

All the sports channels are listed on the BT EPG and can indeed be recorded.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Great thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Have a look at what channels are on the Now service and that will give you an idea of most of the channels that BT offer.

yes you will get a few extra sports channels with BT and Discovery but you may also get one or two less entertainment channls.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

As long as you have a BT box then Sky/Now channels are recordable & always have been, Not sure where you got the idea that were live only, maybe you were looking at an app only subscription rather than BT TV?

But make sure that you search the forum for similar threads. I get the impression that some who make the switch regret it. Complaints seem to be a poorer user interface, limited multi-room options & no ability to watch recording elsewhere, other than on the box they're recorded on. There are rumours that some of this may change when BT fully switches to EE, but nothing confirmed & no date set.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@BillBoy

If you watch UHD sport through Sky, also note that HD will be the maximum resolution for Sky Sports channels via BT.

Assuming you are coming from Sky Q, the maximum number of sports channels you can record at once on BT is 2, rather than the 5 you are used to, due to the way the channels are delivered.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED