cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT tv in standard definition

Hi I've got the big sport tv package in standard definition is there anyway of improving the picture quality it's very poor.when watching via  the now and discovery+ apps it's in HD so it's pointless using the tv box thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT tv in standard definition

Couldn't agree more HD should be free at no extra cost ..

Maybe the mods can feed this back 

Message 3 of 5

The problem is that BT is a re-sellers of these services.  If the service providers charge more for HD then BT has to pass this on.

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

It was still SD as default when it was BT Sport so I wonder what the excuse was then 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

For Big Sport  you have 2 main components  TNT Sport /Eurosport   and NOW  Sky Sports. 

NOW pricing involves HD requiring the  NOW Boost.

BT TV provide separate  SD and HD linear channels.  So it is probable that they incur additional  costs in providing and licensing  two channels  rather than 1. Whilst I can understand  the desire to have linear  SD BT Sport channels in previous  years I do feel now that BT TV should simply  dispense with the SD channel and provide the HD versions  only. The BT TV boxes are all capable  of receiving  the HD channel and the older boxes can output SD quality  to lower spec TVs if necessary.