cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Contract

Can anybody assist in helping me find out how long I have on my BT TV contract.  I had it for the ESPN sport content during the winter months. We were told that the change from BT Sport to TNT Sport would just be a change in name. Alas that was no true. My view is that it may be a breach of contract. Not a legal brain so i may be wrong.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Contract

If you track your orders on my bt it should show contract start date & length

It won't count as a breach of contract though as the content can change at any time

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@Rexthedog1wrote:

Can anybody assist in helping me find out how long I have on my BT TV contract.  I had it for the ESPN sport content during the winter months.

Visit https://www.bt.com/appsordermgmt/secure/listoforders.do and login with your BT ID, look at your orders and it will have an option to 'Show contract terms' which will have the start date and duration, typically 24 months.

@Rexthedog1wrote:

We were told that the change from BT Sport to TNT Sport would just be a change in name. Alas that was no true.

In what way? BT Sports became TNT Sports and at no extra cost the Discovery content was included a few months back.

@Rexthedog1wrote:

My view is that it may be a breach of contract. Not a legal brain so i may be wrong.

How so? also bear in mind that TNT Sports don't guarantee the content they show will remain, due to licensing rights that can change, some content might not be available, others can be added, they are part of the terms you agreed to when you took out the subscription, see www.bt.com/terms which states:

Will the service change?

TNT Sports is a ‘variable digital content’ service. This means that the content you get may change from time to time. We can’t guarantee that TNT Sports will be able to show, or keep showing, any particular content (including any channel or sporting event). We may change, replace or withdraw any of our packages, content, channels or functions (for example, if we lose the right to show certain sporting events).

Message 4 of 4

You'd need to show that it was a substantial change in order to have the terms and conditions deemed unenforceable. *BT's catchall provision in there is only enforceable up to a point - beyond that point, it would become a "legally unfair" clause. 

Unfair Contract Terms Guidance - mostly Section 10

How do I know this?  Because I've worked for a company that ran foul it!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings