cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Big Sport / Netflix - Confused!

Hi. My TV package is expiring. I currently pay £50 for Big Sport, £6 for HD bolt on and £4 to upgrade my Netflix from Basic to Standard (I believe the old Big Sport package included Basic Netflix as part of the package). If I go into the website for BT I am being offered Big Sport for £45 however it does not appear this includes Netflix any longer and to get Standard Netflix I have to pay another £10.99. This is completely unclear when you go through to the Checkout as it shows a cost of only £45 per month. Can someone confirm that if I want to keep what I have now it will actually cost £45 + £6 + £10.99 = £61.99? It is very misleading on the website as it claims I would be saving £5 when in actual fact I will end up paying more

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Big Sport / Netflix - Confused!

@GeeBee1701 

You are correct, Netflix is only included in Entertainment, Big Entertainment and Full Works packages (Basic in the first 2, Standard in Full Works).

Unless you talk to a loyalty adviser at BT to see what they can do, you would indeed be buying the current version of Big Sport + HD + Netflix Standard (£45 + £6 + £10.99).

You could buy a cheaper version of Netflix of course by going direct, but you would also have a quality drop as the basic version is SD with adverts.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Probably just another example of the 'ol smoke and mirrors from BT. Like when they said "we're getting rid of mid contract increases". I've just priced up EE TV and broadband and it's very expensive for what it is and still has the CPI increases. 

Message 4 of 7

@NigelB72wrote:

Probably just another example of the 'ol smoke and mirrors from BT. Like when they said "we're getting rid of mid contract increases". I've just priced up EE TV and broadband and it's very expensive for what it is and still has the CPI increases. 

Still a BT fan then @NigelB72 ? 🤣

I priced up your new favourite TV product last night and it was cheaper than the “Full Works” including broadband and offers significantly more value.

The broadband element of the deal I was offered online was discounted to £11! 😳

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 5 of 7

@stereohaven Yup 🤣 

Message 6 of 7

Big Sport with Netflix  basic and Big Sport without Netflix  are both valid packages  for existing  customers.  Normally those with Big Sport with Netflix  will have flexed to that pack from another  pack  (eg Entertainment  or Big Entertainment which had the Netflix  basic). 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks - when I called BT they said I could not get the Sport package with Netflix.

0 Ratings